Saturday, March 3, 2018

Year of the Dog


Year of the Dog
Noel Laflin
2-14-18

Folks are waking up to Valentine's Day back home while we are on the eve of Chinese New Year's Eve here.
There's been non-stop eating and gathering of friends and loved ones. Folks just keep showing up with sweet, warm red bean soup, taro cakes, fresh strawberries, homemade pastries, etc.
Consequently, the kitchen counter and dining room table are a smorgasbord of pure delight.
Lord only knows what tomorrow night will be like when families across this wonderful island gather in mass, bringing forth their very best dishes...
I hope I survive the current food coma in order to prepare myself for the day and night yet to come.
What the heck - I've got twenty-four hours. No, scratch that. I forgot - everyone's meeting up for lunch first.

No comments:

Post a Comment