Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lost in Translation

Lost In Translation 
2-27-18

We are on a tour of Japan.
There are twenty-one of us if you include the bus driver - which I do, as he's a nice guy and is very competent maneuvering us on narrow city streets and mountain roads. I greet him in English and he replies in Japanese. We understand one another perfectly.
Other than David, myself, and two ladies from San Francisco, the other travelers all hail from Canada. The guide and his assistant live here in Japan.
And other than the driver, one lady from Toronto, and me, everyone else speaks Mandarin. Thus it's a Chinese language-based tour and I am the only Westerner.
I like the attention, even when I have no clue as to what's being said most of the time.
But neither does the driver, and we still get where we're going just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment