Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Bad Luck

 

Bad Luck

Noel Laflin

11-22-22

The Kennedy assassination took place 59 years ago today, and for the longest time 10-year-old me thought that I was partly to blame as I had worn a shirt to fifth grade that day, a pretty shirt that had, unfortunately, brought me bad luck on two other occasions: I had blown a spelling test a month before when wearing that shirt, and an injured sparrow that I had been caring for died the next time I donned the shirt - and now this, the worst luck of all.

Weeks later, I tearfully explained the situation to my mother when she asked me why I no longer wore that particular shirt any longer. She had always assumed it had been a favorite of mine.

It disappeared from my closet shortly thereafter, never to be seen again, and no further questions were asked by either party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment