Monday, December 18, 2017

New Neighbors


New Neighbors
Noel Laflin
12-17-17

With just the slightest amount of trepidation, I walked next door to welcome our new neighbors.

They were sorting through their recently delivered belongings, stacked high in the garage. I could see that progress was being made.

Turns out to be an older couple, somewhere near my age I guess. Wow, just pairing 'older couple' with 'near my age' is something I've never owned up to before.

Regardless, they are extremely nice folks.

Praise sweet baby Jesus & all the saints! I may not a religious man by any stretch of the imagination – but there just might be a god after all.

I can say this plainly enough as the last tenants were young drunken buffoons in love with massive sound systems.

When they finally left a couple of months back, I turned my stereo up, just ever so slightly, popped a nice bottle of wine, and toasted our new found peace with the Hallelujah Chorus.

But then I began to worry as to who would take their place since it’s been hit or miss when it comes to tenants in this unit over the years.

However, it looks like Christmas came early, as I have just left the garage next door, not having seen a single woofer speaker anywhere in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment