Friday, April 22, 2022

Hands Over Hearts

 Hands Over Hearts

Noel Laflin

4-22-22



I frequently write about Camp Ahwahnee, and the years that I spent there as a counselor.
What I like about this old photo that appeared quite randomly one day on the group's FB page is that it rekindles first faint memories that I have of being there - I would have been six that July day in 1959. I know I was there as I found both my sister and I in another couple of snapshots my parents took that same day. And then while zooming in on this picture I recognized my brother's troop hoisting the flag. It was a special dedication ceremony honoring a local lad who had died and the campsite named for him. Looking more closely I then spotted both my mother and father in the crowd. And that was a pretty cool 'Ah, Ha!' moment.
So I guess the love we had with the camp was a family affair going way back in time.
I sure do miss the place, but am grateful for all the memories, especially seeing my mom and dad standing here, frozen in time, with hands over hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment