Friday, May 18, 2018

Just in Case

Just in Case
Noel Laflin
5-18-18

A few weeks back, my neighbor, Sharon Hayes, rescued a baby hummingbird that could not fly by placing it in a shoe box with the lid pulled back so that the mother could find the youngster and feed it.
A couple of days ago, my friend Maggie Bratcher – out in Arizona - replaced a nest with three baby verdin chicks – a nest that was accidentally cut down with a dead limb – also in a shoe box and returned box and chicks to the tree. The mother has also found them.
Sharon and Maggie both wondered if they had done enough.
I think the answer is obvious.
And if you are still wondering what that answer might be, I’m going to make sure that I always have an extra shoe box or two on hand – just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment