Friday, August 12, 2022

Picturing New Neighbors

Picturing New Neighbors

Noel Laflin

8-11-22

There's all kind of construction going on in the neighborhood today.

Workers to the left of us are repairing a balcony while someone to the right of us is working on an interior project of some sort.
It's noisier to the left as power tools are in force. But it sounds like quiet little mice in the throws of a subdued crap game to our left.
And me, well, I'm just washing windows, the chore I always despise initially, and am keen to complete, as I know the outcome will be bright. Unless you slip on wet roof tiles and fall into the garden. But that was long ago, and I digress.
Turns out the balcony crew to the left of is now done for the day and have just a little to touch up tomorrow.
The mice are still at play in the newly sold home to our right. Turns out to be carpet installers as I spotted the heavily laden truck just now.
We haven't met the new folks moving in yet. I guess I had better have the traditional housewarming gifts of salt, bread, wood, wine, candles, and roosters on hand to greet our new neighbors once they get settled.
Actually, I had a dream just the other night that I did meet our new neighbors. It turned out to be by a band of Zulu warriors marching up the walkway, smiling, nodding, setting aside the shields and spears as they unlocked the door to their new digs.
I wonder if they can give me any tips on how to wash upstairs windows without falling into the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment