Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Is One of You Noel?

Is One of You Noel?

Noel Laflin

8-9-21



My good friend Kyle and I were crouched down next to the train tracks trying to focus in on ground squirrels and a pretty peacock when the train approached us around a bend.

As the engine passed by, just a few feet away, the engineer, as pictured here, called out, "Is one of you Noel?"
Like a kid having done something wrong, I raised my hand, looking guilty, I suppose.
"I like your photos on Facebook," the engineer yelled out, smiling, the train taking her out of thanking distance.
I wonder how many guys with cameras she'd asked that of each time she made the rounds within the park.
Regardless, it made me smile.
And, I'm glad I got a nice photo of her in advance - just coming 'round the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment