Monday, May 27, 2019

Taco Rewards

Taco Rewards
Noel Laflin
5-27-19
The last of the yard work is complete - it's been two solid days of digging, pruning, transplanting, etc. - hand wounds rinsed out hurriedly in a backyard fountain appear to be healing over; a hot shower took away the rest of the dirt; wine has been poured; and the delectable smell of baked chicken once again fills the house.
I am making chicken as I have a surplus of corn tortillas – the small street taco size. And as I also have lots of shredded cheese and a surplus of salsa, all that was lacking was some shredded pollo. That has now been remedied as the dinger just dinged.
The sun is shining – quite a pleasant surprise after three days of grey; finches are coming down to the fountain to drink – the small amounts of blood rinsed there a while ago are now well diluted, I assure them; and hummingbirds are flitting about their feeders, of course. I am surprised that they are not going for the wine in hand. I admire all this from the balcony, pleased with a little hard work and a tidier, colorful looking garden shining in the late day sun. Roses nod their approval. Plums and lemons swell with pride.
It’s Memorial Day, 2019. All now seems well in my little kingdom.
Time to make some tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment