Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Few, The Proud, The Hungry

The Few, The Proud, The Hungry
Noel Laflin
3-6-19




I have been a fan of buckwheat pancakes since I was a kid. There is just something about the texture I have always liked – there is grit to them that appeals to my taste buds.
So I am grateful to my sister for recently supplying me with this. Whipped up a batch this morning as a matter of fact.
And speaking of siblings, I still like buckwheat cakes despite my brother telling me – long ago upon his return from Vietnam - how boll weevils would infest the flour so badly that they had no choice but to either toss it or (as my brother, the former cook, recalls) just tell fellow Marines that the crunch they were experiencing was buckwheat.
The Few, The Proud, The Crunchers.

2 comments: