Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Retirement

Retirement
Noel Laflin

8-28-18



Four years ago today, I attended a last sales meeting, said my goodbyes to many colleagues and friends, tossed the company cell phone to the boss, collected a final check, and headed home – filled with relief, excitement, and butterflies. What next, I wondered?

I boasted that I was trading in work shoes for sandals and tennis shoes, which did become the norm by mid-afternoon.


I thought I might travel more, which has certainly become the case.


I hoped I would write more, and gratefully I have – for better or worse.


Finally, I thought I should take up a camera and see what I could do with it.


So, a couple of days later I took a photo of my foot, bandage around a blister and all, encased in a sandal, having traveled to, climbed up, and sitting high atop Mt. San Jacinto. Then I wrote about it.


There – mission accomplished.


What next, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment