Monday, July 23, 2018

Lack The Knife

Lack The Knife
Noel Laflin
7-21-18


It’s been so long that I last attended an Angel’s ballgame, that I was not aware of the security screening now in place. Kinda like the airport, only out in the warm sunshine. And just like the airport, I had to forfeit yet another little Swiss Army knife – the one Krysten gave me for Christmas years ago – which was the replacement she had given me for the one I had to forfeit at John Wayne Airport six years ago – the one so small, it attaches to a key chain - so small that I always forget it's on my key chain, until I need to open an envelope, cut away something, or pick at my teeth with the built-in plastic toothpick. Coincidentally, the fellow ahead of me lost his miniature Swiss Army knife as well. His was black - mine red. If we had any smarts we would have raided a particular trash can after the game. Lord only knows what else we'd have found.

Now, the last time I attended an Angel’s game, the only suspicious item in my pocket was a sandwich, which upon a verbal description by me alone, they let me keep. Thank God, as I was hungry.
So, Krysten NewComer, if you are reading this, never fear, I have just ordered a replacement and it will be here on Monday.
I guess you’re still on the hook for deciding a new Christmas gift for 2018, however – unless I am surprised, between now and then, at some new security check point - like at Albertsons or something.
*Update: The replacement knife arrived a day early.  I am back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment