Friday, July 7, 2017

Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker
Noel Laflin
7-6-17



A couple of years back, when I apparently had a temporary lapse in judgment, I mentioned to Zac that he was welcome to have a sip or two of the good Scotch in the cupboard anytime.  It was a nearly full bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, which runs about $180.

Well, sometime later, when I went to the very back of the top shelf and pulled out the good stuff, I found the bottle was nearly drained – we’re talking vapors here.

I waited a good year or so before asking Zac what happened.  He fessed up that he and his best friend, Matt, drank it all one evening.

“It just went down so smoothly,” he offered as his lame defense.

“No kidding,” I replied.

So, come the night of the wedding rehearsal dinner, Zac handed me a heavy gift – a brand new bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label Scotch - in the fancy box no less.


All had been forgiven long ago, but the kid definitely scored points that evening and consequently has been reinstated into the will.

No comments:

Post a Comment