Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Diurnal in Nature

Diurnal in Nature

Noel Laflin

1-21-23



One great feature of reading books on Kindle is that when you come across a word that you are unfamiliar with, you just press down on that pesky word and you are taken to a dictionary and its meaning.

Sometimes this becomes a rabbit hole for me, as you can scroll all the words in alphabetical order, and their meanings, either before or after the one you've just read, which in my case today was diurnal. Feel free to look it up, too, if need be. I'd tell you myself, but as teachers used to sarcastically ask me, do I look like a dictionary?
And so I was so easily led to other offerings such as diva, divergent, ditto, dittohead, divorcee, divvy, etc.; a fun distraction.
But, consequently, sometimes, you forget what you were doing in the first place and begin to wonder, just where do the crawdads sing anyway? I don't know as yet, but I do believe that they are diurnal in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment