Tuesday, September 20, 2022

For Whomever It may Speak To

For Whomever It May Speak To

Noel Laflin

9-20-22

I sometimes wonder why I share so many personal observations here, but then remind myself that this platform called social media is just that, a platform for nearly everything - from the serious to the silly, and everything in between. From stories to photos to memes that speak to us for better or worse, well, we all seem to know the drill.

Serendipitously enough, I then come across a quote by a favorite author in a preface to one of his novels that I stayed up well past midnight in order to finish last night as I just had to know how it ended. The book was dark and brooding and a clear departure from his normal venue, but captured my unequivocal attention from chapter one. He writes:
"I wrote this book for myself, and for whomever it may speak to; not for everyone."
Daryl Banner, 'Lover's Flood'
And his words reassure me that to just put yourself out there is reason enough to share, as some things may not be for everyone, but they are enough when it is done for yourself, ... and for whomever else it may speak to.
So speak we should, even if it's only to an audience of one, as that's all that really counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment