Sunday, August 30, 2020

Trade Offs

Trade Offs

Noel Laflin

8-28-20

I attended my very last sales meeting six years ago today.

Having a calculator handy (aren’t mobile phones clever?), I just did a rough estimation and figure that I must have sat through approximately 500 sales meetings during my working days - and that works out to a couple of thousand boring hours cooped up indoors with, for the most part, overbearing sales managers. I was offered the title once, but did not want to become the guy I most disliked.
After that last meeting, I have since spent thousands of hours out of doors watching birds and such, hiking as slowly as I like and getting to know more about nature than I ever imagined possible. And that’s coming from an old Boy Scout. I have a few pictures to prove the point now.
The pay is lousy, but there are no obnoxious managers, or clients, for that matter - just loud hawks and ravens most days - and hummingbirds every day.
Not a bad trade off.
I wish I had retired fifty years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment