Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Shuffling Memories

Shuffling Memories
Noel Laflin
3-11-20




Lost a long-time friend yesterday. John is the handsome blond fellow in this photo.

His death was not unexpected, as he’d been quite ill for sometime. But that does not diminish the pain many of us are now experiencing with his passing.


John was funny and kind. He was hard to resist when he had his heart set on something and insisted that you join him. He was an excellent dancer. In fact I could never master the shuffle unless he led, and then you thought you had been born to dance.


He was a fine roommate - I envied what he could do with a tiny ten-by-ten-foot room configuration. 

He helped me when I was hurting long ago and I think I was of help to him in return.

What more can friends ask of one another?


Some things you just never forget.

Thus, I am going to miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment