Tuesday, February 12, 2019

In Need of Cameos


In Need of Cameos
Noel Laflin
2-11-19

Breakfast at Tiffany’s was on last night, so I tuned in since I had not seen it in many years.

The opening strains of Moon River got to me immediately, as I was suddenly thrown into a lovely time warp from 1961.

Images of a young, radiant looking Audrey Hepburn strolling down deserted New York streets only added to the time travel pleasure.

A few weeks ago Roman Holiday aired. I tuned in to that one too as I had never seen the original all the way through.
   
Hepburn was even younger then – a regal princess.

And of course there was a young Gregory Peck showing her a fine Roman time.

I am now waiting for To Kill a Mockingbird to air again.  It will tie things together (in my warped mind anyway), as Truman Capote – the author of Breakfast at Tiffany’s – was the model for young Dill in To Kill a Mockingbird.

You see how it works, right?

Well, okay, yeah, maybe it’s a stretch, but if Hepburn had only made a cameo appearance in Maycomb, and Peck, a cameo in New York, then my logic would make better sense.

Till then, pop some more corn, open another beer, and hand me the newest cable lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment